Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Own Private Idaho






I recently re-watched My Own Private Idaho. I always forget how lovely, artistic, and raw River Phoenix's acting is in this film. I don't care much for Keanu Reeves, so the old saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say....

Anyway, the point is, Gus Van Sant is an amazing complex director who is a genius at kicking you in the head with emotion without any kind of warning(Good Will Hunting, Elephant) and if your not familiar with his work I recommend any of his movies. I think Milk is on dvd now, so I've decided that will be my lazy Sunday movie.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! :)
    I loved Milk, but i still have to catch up with the rest of his work.
    I'm still new at chictopia, but it's a lot of fun. I've been lurking there since forever, and finally decided to post something.

    ps. for some reason i hate those women's super small watches!

    ReplyDelete